Sunday, February 18, 2018

This week I have been mostly... w/b 12/02/18

This week I have been mostly...

Here’s a new thing I’m going to try and do on my blog: summing up my week in a few paragraphs. It’s going to be a sort of pseudo-diary which will help me to capture the everyday stuff of my life, so it doesn’t get lost in the mists of time. Or something.

Week beginning: 12/02/18

No. of evening meetings: 3 (all church-related)
Films watched: 1.5
Healthy eating: Poor (it was Valentines and Pancake day this week!)
Mental health: OK

My week started off with extreme tiredness after a poor night’s sleep (which repeated the following night as well), but was a mainly quiet one work-wise apart from filming Monday and Tuesday afternoon for a local charity. It involved working with children, which is always a challenge, but I think we got what we needed.

The rest of the week was spent writing up a business plan, alongside working on CGI shots for my short film 'Hey Mal!' which is very slowly getting there.

I was saddened to hear about another shooting in the US - this time in a Florida high school. Yet again, no lessons will be learned and nothing will be done to address this uniquely American problem. Tragically, it will no doubt happen again in the not-too-distant future.

We are facing a battle of wills with no. 2 son at the moment, who is resolutely stubborn and disobedient with frustrating frequency. His older brother wasn't much different at his age – and he has largely grown out of it – but then his older brother didn't have a sibling when he was six which adds further complication to things.

We had a fairly quiet weekend. Wifey was out all day for an elder's meeting so I had the boys (I took them to the cinema and chilled at home). Then it was a low key Sunday (church in the morning then more chilling in the afternoon), although we did spend Sunday evening saying goodbye to the Phillipino missionaries (lots of yummy food!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment