Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A bit of gardening love



Apples / Oranges??
Tomatoes, melons and radish

My parents are verdant horticulturalists, and were always a bit disappointed that none of their sons never took up horticulture as a profession. They had at least hoped that their green fingered-ness might rub off on their offspring in some way, but none of us (all five brothers) have been particularly adept at gardening.

Potatoes (various varieties)
Strawberries
I'm not saying I'm green-fingered, but I have started to get a bit more interested in growing things, however, since I got a small plastic greenhouse for Christmas. Our garden is, unfortunately, quite small so there's no way I can grow rows and rows of luscious veg but I can at least put things in pots and make some use of the limited space. At the moment I'm growing strawberries, melons, tomatoes and potatoes (and they seem to be growing!). I've tried to grow a pineapple from a leftover stalk but it doesn't seemed to have worked. Not a huge variety admittedly but for someone who's never really grown anything before I think it's a good start.

The real test will be whether the plants actually bear anything edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment