Monday, February 22, 2016

Refuge - a short film I'm working on

For some time I've been itching to work on a number of small projects that I've had going around in my head. It's been difficult to fit them around my work but finally, one of them is starting to happen. It's a low-budget short film based on a fairly topical subject, namely the refugee crisis, and we're starting filming this week.

I'm not going to give away too much, but I've written a script and we've got actors and crew lined up to make this happen.

For me, this is one of those ventures where I'm not too bothered about the final outcome. Yes, I want to have a completed (short) movie at the end of it where we will probably submit it to film festivals and competitions – as long as it's good enough – but actually the process is the thing I'm more interested in. I've never directed before, at least not a project like this, so it's a chance for me to 'have a go' without risking too much. Even if it all goes pear shaped, I will have had an experience to learn from going forward and won't have wasted tons of money or time in the process.

So, if you're interested, visit the 'Refuge' website, follow it on Twitter and Like on Facebook. Hopefully, in the not-too-distant future I'll be able to post the final video up here in this blog.  

And that, I think, will be something of an achievement.


No comments:

Post a Comment