Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm going to Uganda! ... and I need some money ;-)


I have some exciting news – I'm planning to visit Uganda this summer and need your help to get me there!

Edith's Home is a charity supporting HIV/AIDS orphans in the community of Ngora a small town in the Teso region of Uganda.

Because of very limited resources, these children are put to the "bottom of the pile" in an already strained family situation. Edith's Home provide sponsorship of school fees and vocational training for orphans to support them psychologically and spiritually. More recently the work has extended to supporting orphans with no family support (child headed families). Edith's Home is helping them to gain independence by setting up micro enterprise initiatives to help sustain the project: food storage, farming, business loan schemes and office services.


I will be part of a team going out to run a summer camp for the sponsored students as well as support the ongoing work of the charity. I am also planning to take a camera along to film some interviews and make a short promotional video for Edith's Home.


These trips, of course, have their costs and I need to raise a minimum of £1500 to pay for flights, accommodation etc. so if you can spare a donation (big or small) to help me it would be really appreciated.

I've set up a Just Giving page so it's easy, secure and convenient to donate online:
http://www.justgiving.com/justinchaloner


No comments:

Post a Comment