Monday, February 23, 2009

Housing Humour

This is an old church on Churchill Way in the centre of Cardiff. I think it has been lying dormant for years. It is an imposing, solid yet beautiful building that has probably not seen worshippers for a decade, if not more.

Someone had the bright idea of turning it into flats:

While I'm not against the conversion of architecturally significant buildings in order to provide homes for families per se, I am against the prolific construction of 'luxury' flats. They are everywhere and have, I believe, played their part in fueling the global debt crisis. 

Hence my amusement upon seeing this little bit of subversive graffiti:
 
I've seen this slogan in all sorts of places and like the simple blend of sarcasm and scorn they communicate - brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment