Sunday, January 3, 2010

Climate Change Fail

Having followed very little of what was going on in Copenhagen last month I'm not in much of a position to judge the proceedings. From what I've seen and read, however, I get the impression that China and a few other states did their very best to scupper the hoped-for outcome - a binding agreement between all signatories to reduce carbon emissions.

In the end, it was a watered-down statement of intent with no balls to speak of.

The leaders of the world had the historic opportunity to work together for the eternal good of humanity ... and blew it.

This is surely why we are a doomed species. When we work well, together, we work really really well. When we can't agree on anything, the sh*t hits the fan big time.

I can see why, at some point in the near future, someone will come along and try to unite humankind under a single world government in order to tackle the politio-social challenges of an overpopulated planet.

Hmmm .... I think I read about that somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment